Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sunday's

In my living room i have a great set of windows that face north which actually receive light (unlike many of my friends and most people of NY). My street, which is a two way street (most streets of NY are one way hoping to relieve congestion), is great because when i lean way out of the window i can see part of the Cathedral St. John the Divine. It's absolutely gorgeous, even if it's going through mass renovation due to a fire in 1997 (they finally raised enough money). Every day they chime the hour, but on sundays they do it up really nice and the bells play gorgeous music which drift into my windows while i'm "writing" my papers. As i write this it actually feels like fall, i have beautiful light reflecting off the building across the street and i hear the bells playing. Ah Sundays in New York, quite possibly the best day of the week.

http://www.stjohndivine.org/

No comments: